By Paola Pascual on Sep 6, 2021 10:15:31 AM
Effectively managing diversity and inclusion will result in higher innovation and increased creativity. A diverse workforce that feels included will bring your workforce a variety of different perspectives that will contribute to better decision-making and faster problem-solving. This all translates into increased profits, among many other benefits. We have compiled 30 brilliant diversity quotes to help you inspire your teams and cultivate a diverse and inclusive workplace culture.
1. "Diversity in all its forms is the path to greatness." –James D Wilson
2. "Strength lies in differences, not in similarities." –Stephen R. Covey
3. "Diversity doesn't look like anyone. It looks like everyone." –Karen Draper
4. "Real diversity and inclusion doesn't mean that we will always agree. It means that even when we disagree, we can still respect each other." –Justin Jones-Fosu, The Inclusive Mindset: How to Cultivate Diversity in Your Everyday Life
5. "Being a global citizen means appreciating our shared humanity no matter what nation you call home." –Rohit Bhargava, Beyond Diversity
6. "The color of your soul is more important than the color of your skin." –Matshona Dhliwayo
7. "Race and religion do not separate people; ignorance does." –Matshona Dhliwayo
8. "A garden's beauty never lies in one flower." –Matshona Dhliwayo
9. "We are all different, which is great because we are all unique. Without diversity, life would be very boring." –Catherine Pulsifer
10. "Diversity is the mix. Inclusion is making the mix work." –Andres Tapia
11. "There are not more than five musical notes, yet the combinations of these five give rise to more melodies than can ever be heard. There are not more than five primary colours, yet in combination they produce more hues than can ever been seen. There are not more than five cardinal tastes, yet combinations of them yield more flavours than can ever be tasted." –Sun Tzu, The Art of War
12. "Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilisation." –Mahatma Gandhi
13. "A diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone." –Sundar Pichai
14. "Creating and managing a diverse workforce is a process, not a destination." –R. Roosevelt Thomas, Jr.
15. "Diversity: the art of thinking independently together." –Malcolm Forbes
16. "Diversity creates dimension in the world." –Elizabeth Ann Lawless
17. "The strength of every individual is the grace for great work." –Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great: Be Great!
18. "It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences." –Audre Lorde
19. "If you hire only those people you understand, the company will never get people better than you are. Always remember that you often find outstanding people among those you don't particularly like." –Soichiro Honda
20. "Ask not, 'How do I hire more women?'
Instead ask, 'How do I build a better environment for not only women, but people from all marginalized groups to thrive in?'
Invest in building a great workplace, and talented people of all backgrounds will be banging down your door 💥🚪" –Jennifer Kim
21. "Exclusion is derived from fear, ignorance, and power, whilst inclusion is derived from love, compassion, and respect." –Michelle Emson
22. "Urging an organization to be inclusive is not an attack. It's progress." –DaShanne Stokes
23. "Fairness does not mean everyone gets the same. Fairness means everyone gets what they need." –Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid
24. "Build bridges, not walls." –Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
25. "When everyone is included, everyone wins." –Jesse Jackson
26. "Diversity is being asked to the party, Inclusion is being asked to dance.®” –Verna Myers
Equality & Equity Quotes
27. "Equality is leaving the door open for anyone who has the means to approach it; equity is ensuring there is a pathway to that door for those who need it." –Caroline Belden, The Inclusion Solution (Equity vs. Equality Series)
28. "Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women, and the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it. We need equality. Kinda now." –Joss Whedon
29. "Equality is treating everyone the same. But equity is taking differences into account, so everyone has a chance to succeed." –Jodi Picoult, Small Great Things
30. "Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it." –George Carlin
How To Manage Language and Cultural Diversity in The Workplace [Free Guide]
If you are an HR manager working with an international workforce, download our free guide on how to manage diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Understand the challenges of poor diversity management, read the benefits you can bring to your organization through excellent management of D&I, and find out valuable strategies that you can implement today to overcome all those obstacles in your organization. Our 2021 updated version includes a new chapter to help you implement inclusive language in your organization.
Business English Communication - Free Resources
Interested in getting the best offers and receiving free content on Business English communication? Subscribe to our newsletter and we will keep you in the loop with offers, free events, and development materials!
If you enjoyed this article, keep reading:
- 10 Strategies to Build Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Inclusive Language in the Workplace: +30 Words You Should Stop Using Now
- 4 Tangible Benefits of a Diverse Workforce
- Are You Suffering The Top 5 Challenges Of Language And Cultural Diversity?
- How to Cultivate Workplace Inclusion for Blind Employees
- 8 Companies With Great Company Culture Examples
- Top 5 HR Challenges in Multinational Companies and How to Tackle them