By Paola Pascual on Aug 25, 2021 5:30:49 AM
To start your email, first, you will need to write your email greetings. Then, it is very common to add an opening line, which is a polite way of building rapport and introducing your message. Below you will find 45 opening lines to write professional emails in English.
Great opening lines to start your emails
If you've seen our 150+ email phrases and would like to get more ideas to start your emails, you're in the right place.
Friendly and social openings
- I hope you had a nice weekend.
- I hope you had fun at the event.
- I hope you're having a great week.
- How are you?
- Good morning!
- Good afternoon!
- How did your [project] turn out?
- It was great to see you at [event].
- Happy Friday!
- Congratulations on...
Replying to an email
- It's great to hear from you!
- I just read your email about...
- I just got your request for...
- Thanks so much for your feedback.
- Thanks for the quick response.
- Thank you for getting back so quickly.
- Thank you for the quick turnaround.
- Thank you for your help.
- Thanks for the update.
- Thanks so much for keeping in touch!
- Thank you for reaching out.
- I'm just checking in on...
- I'm getting back to you regarding...
- As we discussed on our call...
- As promised, here's...
- I just wanted to quickly follow up on...
- It's me again!
- This is just a quick reminder...
Giving the reason for your email
- I am reaching out because...
- I wanted to let you know that...
- This email is just to let you know that...
- I am writing to you with regards to/regarding/concerning/in connection with...
- This is just a quick note to...
- I would love to pick your brain on this topic.
- Could I ask you for a favor?
Apologizing for a late response
- Sorry for my late reply.
- Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
- Sorry that it took me so long to get back to you.
- I apologize for the late response.
- Sorry it’s been so long since my last email.
- I'm so sorry for dropping the ball on this.
- Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner.
- This took me a while, I'm so sorry about that!
- Thank you so much for your patience.
- My apologies for the delayed response, I was out of the office yesterday.
Continue improving your business emails
The following resources will help you write professional business emails:
- How To Write Clear Emails With These 4 Practical Concise Writing Tips
- 'Stay safe' - How to Send Actually Genuine Emails During the Pandemic
- Common Mistakes In Business Emails
- 150+ Useful Email Phrases That Will Make Your Life Easier
For any additional information or questions, you can also reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in getting the best offers and receiving free content on Business English communication? Subscribe to our newsletter and we will keep you in the loop with offers, free events, and development materials!